About a month ago I shared with you my Matboucha recipe. It’s a spicy, cooked salad from Morocco. It’s a staple in my household. I make it every Friday for our Sabbath meal as my husband is of Moroccan decent. I am including a video tutorial on how to prepare it as it is a little tricky for beginner chefs and recipe suggestions on how to use this delicious salad will be posted below.
1. Eat with charred pita and hummus. It’s delicious either hot or cold.
2. Incorporate it into a sandwich like grilled cheese or as a burger topping.
3. Top off a seared salmon filet with a spoonful of Matboucha.
5. Use it in a quiche. Spoon a generous helping into a store bought pie-crust. Beat 4 eggs with salt and pepper, pour them into the pie shell. Add smoked provolone on top and bake for 50 minutes at 350F.
6. Start an omelet with olive oil and Matboucha. Then add your beaten eggs and cheese once the moisture has evaporated.
7. Top of rice or quinoa with Matboucha and a chopped hard boiled egg.
Truly the options are limitless!